Simon Bishop Counselling takes your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer the delivery of your therapy service that you have requested from me.
Because I collect personal information about you to deliver this therapy service I am legally obliged to protect that information. Under the General Data Protection Regulation, I will:
• only collect information that I need to deliver a therapeutic service;
• keep it secure;
• ensure it is relevant and up to date;
• only hold as much as I need, and only for as long as I need it;
• allow the subject of the information to see it on request.
Personal data and Information Security.
I will securely store personal information such as your name, email address, Skype address and records of your payments for therapy to facilitate delivery of therapy to you by me.
I recognise that the information you provide may be sensitive and will respect your confidentiality. I keep information about you confidential. This means I store it securely and control who has access to it, your information will not be used for marketing or sold to third parties.
However, there are times when I may still need to share it, for example:
• any stated purposes I tell you about when you supply me with information;
• as part of my duty to protect a child, a vulnerable adult, yourself or the public;
• for the prevention and detection of a crime;
• for the assessment of any tax or duty;
• if I am required to do so by any court or law.
What do I use this information for?
I will use some of the information you provide me with for example to:
• maintain records;
• respond to any enquiries you make;
• account for my decisions and investigate complaints;
• identify and protect those at risk of harm;
• ensure the accuracy of my records;
• prevent and detect crime;
• protect you and other people.
Corrections and concerns
If you believe that information I hold about you is incorrect or out of date, or if you have concerns about how I am handling your personal information, please contact me and I will try to resolve those concerns.
If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let me know and I will take reasonable steps to delete it (unless I need to keep it for legal, auditing or internal risk management reasons).
If I become aware of any on-going concerns or problems concerning my privacy practices, I will take these issues seriously and work to address them.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that I hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email. I want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask me to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
How to contact me.